Pictet Asset Management Graduate Programme: Tokyo
Our graduate programmes offer a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive view of the asset management industry from marketing and sales to investment, through a series of rotations. Graduate trainees experience rotations in a number of functional areas over a period of 18 months, enabling them to develop first-hand knowledge and familiarise themselves with our investment teams and our products. The rotation will most likely include international rotation subject to the candidate`s English fluency. They gain exposure to a wide range of experts within the firm and form part of international graduate network.
They also have the opportunity to develop their soft skills through individually tailored training programmes, helping them to deepen their personal branding and communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a profile along the following lines:
- Recent graduate with a maximum of two years' working experience prior to or after graduation
- Conversational level of Japanese and fluency in English is a must.
- International background
In addition, strong affinity for the selected business area, a capacity to learn, strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm are fundamental.
What do we offer?
- A permanent position including a specific 18-month programme with rotations to build expertise and professional skills
- Opportunity to complete a leading professional certification (CMA, CFA, USCPA etc.)
- Participation in the Group training programme to enhance personal branding, communication, presentation and self-leadership skills
- Integration into the Group graduate community
- Opportunities to create a strong network among experts and business leaders
Job description about our Graduate positions and application form can be found on our recruiting website
Our Graduate Programme Position
Digital Communication Team Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer in the Digital Communications team, you will be responsible for planning and developing web services and implementing the latest technology for marketing activities related to financial services. The Digital Communications team aims to use digital technology to develop a platform that enables us to accurately understand the needs of our customers (internal stakeholders, individual investors, institutional investors and distributors) and provide reliable and high quality information at the appropriate timing.
- Our software engineers work closely with product owners to develop quality software to simplify the process of service development and facilitate and improve business growth in line with Pictet's strategy and business needs.
- As a Software Engineer, you will work a key role in the design, development and improvement of our software solutions.
- You will work with a variety of stakeholders, including our IT team in Japan, our Geneva headquarters, and external partners to develop innovative ideas into software.
- Drive the entire development cycle from design, implementation, testing, documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Planning and developing a robust and scalable solution that considers the functional requirements arising from business needs and works optimally within the overall system architecture.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Experience developing with at least one Framework of React, Vue or Angular JS
- Ability to communicate with team members and other departments.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Business-level English.
- Experience in agile development such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Affinity to develop highly available, self-maintaining services using industry best practices (Test Driven Development, CI/CD, Security, Documentation, etc.).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Knowledge of Adobe products, especially Adobe Experience Manager.